WPC 2019/World Cup Playoffs
From WPC 2019 IB.
The 16 competitors who advanced from round 3 will determine the winner via individual playoffs. The competitors will be drawn into four semifinals of four players, the winner of each semifinal advances to the final. There will be no carry-over, in each semifinal all four players start at the same time.
For these playoffs, a puzzle pool with 35 puzzles will be used. Before each semifinal five puzzles are drawn. These puzzles have to be solved in order; the first competitor to solve all puzzles correctly advances to the final. No puzzle will be used for more than one playoff round. A list of puzzle types will be provided during the WPC.
35 puzzles were divided into 5 groups, roughly in similar manner to Puzzle Ramayan rounds.
- Group A (Latin Square / Number Placement): Easy as ABCD by Ulrich Voigt, Hakyuu by Erhard Notz, Japanese Sums by Gabi Penn-Karras, Kakuro by Gabi Penn-Karras, Kropki by Gabi Penn-Karras, Pyramid by Jürgen Blume-Nienhaus, Skyscrapers by Roland Voigt
- Group B (mostly Region Division): Compass by Silke Berendes, Corridors by Roland Voigt, Dominion by Jürgen Blume-Nienhaus, Fillomino by Gabi Penn-Karras, Galaxies by Silke Berendes, Shikaku by Erhard Notz, Slant by Rainer Biegler
- Group C (Loops / Paths): Geradeweg by Erhard Notz, Hashi by Erhard Notz, Laser by Jürgen Blume-Nienhaus, Masyu by Erhard Notz, Railroad Tracks by Roland Voigt, Slitherlink by Gabi Penn-Karras, Yajilin by Roland Voigt
- Group D (Shading): Aquarium by Rainer Biegler, Cave by Rainer Biegler, Coral by Rainer Biegler, Heyawake by Roland Voigt, Kurotto by Erhard Notz, LITS by Silke Berendes, Tapa by Rainer Biegler
- Group E (Object Placement): Battleships by Ulrich Voigt, Blackout Dominoes by Gabi Penn-Karras, Domino Castle by Ulrich Voigt, Magnets by Gabi Penn-Karras, Pentopia by Erhard Notz, Tetrominoes by Roland Voigt, Touching Pentominoes by Jürgen Blume-Nienhaus
Semifinal Heat 1
Contestants: Jan Novotný (Czech Republic), Michael Ley (Germany), Neil Zussman (UK), Kota Morinishi (Japan).
Semifinal Heat 2
Contestants: Ken Endo (Japan), Will Blatt (USA), Thomas Snyder (USA), James McGowan (UK).
Semifinal Heat 3
Contestants: Michael Mosshammer (Austria), Tomoya Kimura (Japan), Philipp Weiß (Germany), Yuki Kawabe (Japan).
Semifinal Heat 4
Contestants: Taro Arimatsu (Japan), Hideaki Jo (Japan), Walker Anderson (USA), Yanzhe Qiu (China).
Finalists: Kota Morinishi (Japan), Ken Endo (Japan), Tomoya Kimura (Japan), Hideaki Jo (Japan).
|Japanese Sums||Battleships||Heyawake||Spiral Galaxies||Laser|