WPC 2017/Round 23
The namesake of this round is Word Show by Nikola Živanović (Serbia), held on November 2012. 
Duration: 50 minutes. Total point value: 2500 points. Round winner: JPN-A (Ken Endo, Kota Morinishi, Tomoya Kimura, Taro Arimatsu) and GBR-A (James McGowan, Neil Zussman, David McNeill, Adam Bissett)
The concept and the overall planning of this round was by Amit Sowani.
Round note: This is a team round containing 20 puzzles, across 20 Word-based puzzle types. The types in this round require some placement or usage of words while solving, taken from a given list. There is a common list for all puzzle types in the round. Same words may appear multiple times on the list, and can be used across multiple puzzles as many times as the word appears in the list, but no puzzle can use the same word twice. Only the bold parts of the words shall be used for the puzzle.
The word lists will appear in two A3 sheets, one sheet will contain words of length less than 6 and the other sheet will contain words of size length 6 and greater. 14 puzzles will be on A5 sheets and 6 puzzles on A4 sheets. The word list will be sorted first by length and then in alphabetic order.
There will be three helper lists provided, on an A4 sheet each, with words from the larger list that are ‘valid’ for the specific puzzles. The puzzles for which such lists will be provided are 6. Double Letter Scrabble, 7. Grid-less Crossword and 10. Letter Scrabble.
5 points will be awarded for correctly identifying the puzzle to which each word belongs to. It is necessary to indicate the puzzle number in the boxes provided in the word list and not sufficient to only indicate those in the individual puzzle grid. If one word appears multiple times, then it can be marked in any order in the word list. Also, to receive credit for an individual puzzle, it must be solved completely and it is not sufficient to only indicate the words belonging to the puzzle in the word list.
List of puzzles used are:
- Acrostic by Amit Sowani, 35 points
- Alphabet Blocks by Amit Sowani, 70 points
- Anagram by Amit Sowani, 35 points
- Common Letters by Amit Sowani, 70 points
- Crisscross by Amit Sowani, 55 points
- Double Letter Scrabble by Amit Sowani, 140 points
- Gridless Crossword by Amit Sowani, 55 Points
- Hexa Words by Amit Sowani, 85 points
- Hidden Words by Amit Sowani, 100 points
- Letter Scrabble (Scrabble) by Amit Sowani, 85 points
- Meandering Words by Prasanna Seshadri, 70 points
- Retro Scrabble (Full Scrabble) by Amit Sowani, 55 points
- SMS Codes by Amit Sowani, 35 points
- Sutuna Loop by Prasanna Seshadri, 70 Points
- Word Division (Area Division) by Amit Sowani, 70 Points
- Word Hitori Snail by Amit Sowani, 100 points
- Word Nurikabe by Amit Sowani, 100 points
- Word Search by Amit Sowani, 15 points