The namesake of this round is Sampler Platter by Dave Millar (USA), held in August 2010.
Duration: 35 minutes. Total point value: 1400 points. This round was voided due to misplacement of puzzles in one of the individual tables.
The concept of this round is "reverse Weakest Link format." Instead of working on individual puzzles and then team puzzles, teams first had to work on team puzzles to move on to individual puzzles.
Round note: For this round, the teams must start at the team table, and then work their way to four separate individual tables.
At each individual table there is a set of four puzzles, in one A3 sheet, arranged at different levels of difficulty. The make-up of sets A, B, C and D are revealed at the team table, but teams must solve the team table puzzles T1, T2, T3 and T4, in four separate A4 sheets, to get clues as to which of the sets are on each corresponding individual table. The clues are in the form of a choice of four sums provided below each team puzzle, with one of the sums achieved by the digits in the shaded cells within the puzzle. Players may move to the individual tables at any point in the round, even without solving the team table puzzles. Note that leaving any team table puzzles unsolved or incorrect takes away the chance of a time bonus for the round. The round is considered finished when all individual solvers are done with their individual sets, and bonus, if any, will be calculated from this point.
Puzzles used were:
- Team puzzles
- Futoshiki by Rohan Rao, 55 points
- Mathrax by Rajesh Kumar, 150 points
- Numbers in a Loop by Deb Mohanty, 70 points
- Summon by Rajesh Kumar, 250 points
- Individual puzzles
- All or One (One or All) by Deb Mohanty, 85 points
- Anglers by Prasanna Seshadri, 20 points
- Country Road by Prasanna Seshadri, 55 points
- Crazy Pavement by Ashish Kumar, 70 points
- Cross the Streams by Prasanna Seshadri, 60 points
- Gaps by Rajesh Kumar, 20 points
- Heyawacky by Prasanna Seshadri, 110 points
- Linesweeper by Ashish Kumar, 55 points
- Maxi Loop by Ashish Kumar, 95 points
- Numberlink (Arukone) by Rohan Rao, 15 points
- Pentopia by Rajesh Kumar, 35 points
- Reflect Link by Ashish Kumar, 70 points
- Sashigane by Ashish Kumar, 35 points
- Shikaku by Swaroop Guggilam, 40 points
- Slant by Rajesh Kumar, 40 points
- Windows by Deb Mohanty, 70 points