Instructionless is a name given to a family of puzzles. In such puzzles, example puzzles and their solutions (and their non-solutions) are given. Assuming that both example puzzles and the given grid have unique solutions, solvers must correctly identify the ruleset and solve the given grid.
Appearances in the past WPCs
- WPC 2017/Round 6 (Instructionless Tapa) by Rohan Rao
- WPC 2017/Round 11 (Instructionless Snake) by Rohan Rao
- WPC 2017/Round 15 (Instructionless round) by Swaroop Guggilam, Ashish Kumar, Prasanna Seshadri and Rohan Rao
- WPC 2017/Round 17 by Amit Sowani
- WPC 2015/Round 8 (Instructionless round)