Find a path through the maze from the entrance to the exit.
(Rules from PGP IB)
- Identify the nearest exit from the starting point marked by “S”. (from WPC 2017)
- Two Step Maze: a path may never take more than two consecutive steps in the same direction. (from WPC 2016.)
History of the puzzle
The Cretan Labyrinth appears in Greek mythology. However, although now the term "labyrinth" is almost synonymous with the word "maze", labyrinths in the ancient times consisted of one winding path.
Mazes with dead ends were introduced when complicated hedge mazes emerged in England in the 17th century. 
Appearances in the past WPCs
- WPC 2017/Round 17 by Swaroop Guggilam, Amit Sowani
- WPC 2016/Round 7 (Two Step Maze) by Michal Forišek
- WPC 2016/Round 14 (Two Step Maze, part of a Permaculture hybrid) by Matúš Demiger